Message sent from Brigitte Lossing, Director of Recreation & Wellbeing, to participants on March 10, 2020
Dear Recreation & Wellbeing members, participants, parents and families,
Amid ongoing concerns about the coronavirus (COVID-19), Recreation & Wellbeing continues to closely monitor the latest reports from campus and has taken a number of precautionary measures in support of the health and safety of our customers and colleagues.
At this time, Recreation & Wellbeing programs, services, and facilities will remain open. Recreation & Wellbeing leadership is meeting regularly to address and enact prevention and response efforts.
Effective Wednesday, March 11th, we are asking everyone in our activity spaces and classes to practice social distancing – maintaining a distance of three to six feet from one another – to limit contact and exposure. Examples of this practice include:
- Cardio machine availability will be staggered to increase space between users.
- Group X drop-in classes will be offered with modified capacity limits.
- Weight room capacities will be altered to support more open space.
- Class activities will be modified to focus on individual skills with no person-to-person contact.
- Individuals will be asked to not congregate or queue if waiting for equipment.
We appreciate your continued focus in support of on-going efforts to properly clean contact surfaces and equipment before and after use.
Recreation & Wellbeing recognizes this is a dynamic situation and encourages all members of the campus community to support each other during this time. Our staff is available to answer questions and assist individuals, as needed.
For additional information, please visit the University Health Services web pages which contains an FAQ, and video with basic information about the virus. Also, be sure to follow the latest campus developments at Berkeley News.
Thank you for your support.
Director, Recreational Sports