Berkeley Youth Recreation’s Summer Camp Financial Assistance Program was created to give as many kids as possible the opportunity to experience the benefits of camp. Since its inception in 2004, the program has provided financial assistance for more than 500 deserving East Bay families.
About Berkeley Youth Recreation’s Financial Assistance Program
Berkeley Youth Recreation’s summer camps provide great opportunities to learn new skills, meet friends, and have fun! Financial Assistance is awarded to campers with financial needs, as determined by a set criteria on a first-come, first-served basis until the fund is used up for the current summer camp season. Awards are provided per family, per season, and not guaranteed to every applicant.
Applications are required for each child (multi-child families may submit one set of financial data with all applications). Those who qualify to receive a Financial Assistance award can attend one of our summer camps. Berkeley Youth Recreation will be reviewing applications on the week of April 3rd and the week of May 15th. Families will be directly notified via the email provided. Notification will be emailed within the week of each review date. Summer camp awards do not apply to swim lessons or extended care programs.
How To Apply
In order to be considered for Financial Assistance, please follow the following steps:
- Your family must complete the Financial Assistance Application. You will be asked to share some information about your family, your relationship to UC Berkeley, some information about your financial situation, and to share your own story about why you are asking for assistance.
- Your Financial Assistance application will be reviewed by a Berkeley Youth Recreation’s Camps committee.
- You will be notified via email (email provided on application) of the status of the Financial Assistance Application. Notification will be emailed within the week of each review date.
- First review date: week of April 3, 2023
- Second review date: week of May 15, 2023
- If your family qualifies, your child will be invited to attend one of the camps you have selected in your application. (Availability of camps are subject to change based on enrollment at the time each application is reviewed).
Support the Financial Assistance Program