Safety Orientation Quiz
Climbing Area Safety Policies
If you have questions about any of the following policies, please consult a climbing staff member.
- Anyone wishing to climb must complete the safety orientation prior to the first use of the climbing wall or boulder.
- Your non-transferable orientation wristband must be VISIBLE AT ALL TIMES.
- Pick your wristband up from the front desk prior to climbing, and return it when you are done each day.
- Participants assume the risks and responsibilities of all activities.
- Climbing privileges may be revoked at any time.
- Immediately report unsafe climbing practices to gym staff.
- Barefoot climbing is not permitted.
- Hard objects (phone, keys…etc.), food and beverages are not permitted on the climbing floor or in pockets while climbing.
- The following jewelry is not permitted while climbing: jewelry on hands, loose fitting necklaces and hoop earrings.
Hours of Operation
- The boulder is open during all hours that the building is open.
- Visit our website for the most current top rope climbing and lead climbing hours.
- Climbing on top of the boulder (Topping Out) is NEVER ALLOWED.
- Bouldering is NOT allowed on the top-rope/lead wall.
- Be aware of other climber’s fall zones.
- Check your own fall zone before you start climbing.
- Check that your climbing route does not cross paths with another climber before you start climbing.
- If you are unsure how to fall or get down from the wall, please consult our staff before climbing.