Recreation & Wellbeing values diversity and seeks to create a safe and fun environment that is accessible to all members of the Cal community; please refer to the Chancellor’s Principles of Community for more information. Recreation & Wellbeing’s commitment to inclusivity supports the University’s policy of nondiscrimination.
The policy states: The University of California, in accordance with applicable Federal and State Law, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, pregnancy/childbirth, and medical conditions related thereto, disability, age, medical condition (cancer-related), ancestry, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, or status as a Vietnam-era veteran or special disabled veteran.
RecWell offers a Universal Locker Room complete with private changing rooms, showers and toilets. It can be used by all members, regardless of who they are or how they may identify. These spaces are inclusive of members with disabilities, members of all gender identities, and any who wish for privacy for any reason. In accordance with state law and our own principles of non-discrimination, all RecWell members may use the locker room that suits their needs and identity.
Want More Information?
- Inclusive Rec
- UC Berkeley Gender Equity Resource Center – 202 Cesar Chavez Student Center | 510-642-4786
- UC Berkeley Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Office of the Prevention of Harassment and Discrimination (OPHD)
- UC Facilities Manual – RD4.1: Providing Gender Inclusive Facilities
- Statement in support of transgender members of the UC community