Providing recreational sports opportunities to the Cal community is of paramount importance to our mission – and this includes supporting students, faculty, and staff with disabilities.
- Adaptive Equipment: Located throughout the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF) are over 25 pieces of adaptive and accessible cardiovascular and strength training equipment.
- Adaptive Fitness Room: A unique fitness space containing Pilates and other specialized equipment designed to support fitness goals across the full spectrum of ability.
- Assisted devices: Assisted devices including transfer boards and assisted grip devices are available for any member to check out at no additional cost.
- Universal Locker Room: Completed in September 2018, the universal locker is available to all members and offers non-slip flooring and six private, accessible stalls for changing, showering, and restrooms. Some of the rooms are large enough to accommodate an assistant.
- Personal Training: No cost Personal Training for students with disabilities is available through a grant from the Wellness Fee Committee.
- Goalball: A Paralympic sport for visually impaired athletes that have been played at Recreation & Wellbeing since 2013. Team practices are held weekly in preparation for local and regional competitions. Students can also participate in the Goalball DCal.
- Wheelchair Basketball: A wheelchair basketball program featuring a nationally renowned Paralympian as well as open gym times – a first for Recreation & Wellbeing.
- Exercise Classes: A new Krankcycle arm bike is available in the Cycling Studio making participation in the class more accessible.